Puddie Watts

Discussion about Pink Floyd's albums, concerts, films, etc. go here.

Puddie Watts

Postby Floydy » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:48 pm

Puddie Watts was once married to Peter Watts one of Pink Floyd roadies. Well I have her as a friend on Facebook. I had been chatting to her and decided to call her over Facebook to have a talk. She mentioned that she never used to talk about her days in PF but now that she is getting older she has started to open up about her experiences. I told her she should write a book like Ginger Gilmour did. I got a message from her a few hours later and she said she was thinking of touring America (she lives in Florida) and do some talking shows about her time with the band and maybe do a Q&A after the show. What I want to know is, If she came anywhere were our American members are would you go? She also mentioned that she would only charge about $10 a ticket as she hates the way that concert ticket prices are so high these days. Do you think it's a good idea? I'll let her know what you guys think. Thanks guys.
Floydy
Meddle

Re: Puddie Watts

Postby Alec Taylor » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:57 pm

If she came anywhere close to here, then yeah, that would be pretty neat. Any reason why she's kept a lock and key over her PF experiences?
Alec Taylor
A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Postby Floydy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:09 pm

She didn't say. Peter Watts died of an apparent heroin overdose in 1976 so maybe that has something to do with it but that is pure speculation on my part.
Floydy
Meddle

Postby quicksilver » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:29 pm

I think its a great idea as information about the band is scarce during that period, particularly from that angle. I think she would've been associated with the band for maybe only 2 years max as Peter left in '74, but still she would've been present during the the Dark Side recording and tour. I'd pay to hear her for sure.
Thank you PFO
Joined January 2004
Retired October 22, 2014- 1378 posts

Pink Floyd Sept 30, 1987 Milwaukee Cty Stadium
Roger Waters Nov 13, 1987 Milwaukee (Mecca)
Pink Floyd July 3, 1994 Madison
Pink Floyd July 12, 1994 Chicago
quicksilver
Wish You Were Here

Postby Alec Taylor » Sat May 14, 2016 4:38 pm

Yo Floydy, have you heard anything new from Ms. Watts yet?
Alec Taylor
A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Return to Band Discussion