Animals Immersion

Discussion about Pink Floyd's albums, concerts, films, etc. go here.

Animals Immersion

Postby quicksilver » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:06 am

I wonder if we'll ever see this. Along with those demos that surfaced last spring, there must be more available. I know I've read that they have a soundboard recording of every show. As far as video..... Nick says they have nothing. The thing is, at one time it was rumored that they did video tape 1 complete show prior to the first gig of the tour. Who knows?
Thank you PFO
Joined January 2004
Retired October 22, 2014- 1378 posts

Pink Floyd Sept 30, 1987 Milwaukee Cty Stadium
Roger Waters Nov 13, 1987 Milwaukee (Mecca)
Pink Floyd July 3, 1994 Madison
Pink Floyd July 12, 1994 Chicago
quicksilver
Wish You Were Here

Re: Animals Immersion

Postby Dyolf » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:30 am

I heard that no recordings what-so-ever exist of any shows from 1975-1977. But who knows. They definitely recorded every show of the 1987-89 tour. Nick did say in a recent interview that although they won't ever do another album, their record company "isn't done issuing box sets". I don't know if there's enough material to warrant an Immersion set but the demos are enough for an Experience set. I'd rather just have that than a box full of vinyls and tat.
Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws
Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores
Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains
Picture a leader with no fucking brains
Dyolf
Animals

Postby Straw » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:35 am

Chances are that if they didn't release it in 2011, its not coming out. Plus, Wish You Were Here experience edition contains juvenile Animals tracks.
Straw
Meddle

Postby Lady Floydian » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:07 pm

It's not likely to happen because there really isn't anything left to put out from that era. Pink Floyd weren't one of those bands that wrote hundreds of songs for an album, then had to whittle it down to 10. They were pretty concise when it came to that. There's still a few things in the vault from AMLoR and The Division Bell, and I'd love to hear them one day, but from 1967-1985, I think we've basically heard everything. Also, as Dyolf said above, they didn't record any of their shows from the Wish You Were Here tour or from the Animals Tour. There are plenty of great, studio-quality boots floating around from those shows, so that's an avenue for you to explore if you want to hear that material live, but we're not going to see anything official.
(signature image courtesy of loud-love @ deviantART)

Thank you, PFO.
Joined Oct 2009
Retired Oct 2014 — 7,762 posts
Lady Floydian
Obscured By Clouds

Postby quicksilver » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:35 pm

Lady Floydian wrote:It's not likely to happen because there really isn't anything left to put out from that era. Pink Floyd weren't one of those bands that wrote hundreds of songs for an album, then had to whittle it down to 10. They were pretty concise when it came to that. There's still a few things in the vault from AMLoR and The Division Bell, and I'd love to hear them one day, but from 1967-1985, I think we've basically heard everything. Also, as Dyolf said above, they didn't record any of their shows from the Wish You Were Here tour or from the Animals Tour. There are plenty of great, studio-quality boots floating around from those shows, so that's an avenue for you to explore if you want to hear that material live, but we're not going to see anything official.

You're probably right, but I guess I'm holding out hope that something new may surface at some point.
Thank you PFO
Joined January 2004

quicksilver
Wish You Were Here

Postby mabewa » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:54 pm

I dunno about Immersion per se, but the idea of remixing the album has been floated around, and then there is the full version of Pigs on the Wing with the Snowy White guitar solo. They could issue it as two disks, one the original mix remastered, and then another as the album remixed with the extended PotW as a bonus track, plus some of the demos.
mabewa
A Saucerful of Secrets

Postby quicksilver » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:32 pm

I thought they had soundboard recordings of every show? and I still think there's some video floating around somewhere.
Thank you PFO
Joined January 2004

quicksilver
Wish You Were Here

Postby Vegetable Layne » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:44 pm

On YouTube, there's a vid that features the alternate and live versions of some of the songs. Just saying.
Vegetable Layne
Ummagumma

Postby Vegetable Layne » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:59 am

Also, one thing that always bugs me is the sheer lack of documentation of this album. TDSOTM, WYWH and the Wall all have at least one documentary spent on them, or have other documentaries spend a specific amount of time on them, but Aniemsl really gets few mentions. Beyond David's apparent liking of the album, and Rick's disdain for it, we don't know much from the making of it, other than the whole business with the Pig baloon.
Vegetable Layne
Ummagumma

Postby Artisan » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:56 am

I mean, it would be nice to have a box set for it, but yeah, 99% of the extras got used for Wish or just plain didn't exist to begin with. I don't think they could fill up a box set with just poorly-recorded live stuff from that tour. There may be a way to make an Experience version but the album doesn't have a ton to say besides what it already says anyway.
Artisan
The Final Cut

Return to Band Discussion