Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets

This is where you can discuss Rick's, Nick's and Syd's respective solo careers.
Dyolf
Animals

Re: Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets

Post by Dyolf » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:07 am

quicksilver wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:21 pm
I have tickets to see NMSOS on April 1st in Milwaukee..........

I hope he's really coming and not an April fools joke.
Enjoy!
Dyma Coronafeirws

Dyolf
Animals

Re: Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets

Post by Dyolf » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:55 pm

Nick's Live at the Roundhouse is now out on all the usual formats. All of the audio is on YouTube and a handful of videos. Apparently, when they hit the road again next year (for which I have tickets) they are hoping to add "Echoes" to the set. Hopefully they'll change it up a bit more and drop "One of These Days", "If", "Green Is the Colour", and "Fearless" and add some other oldies like "Eugene", "Matilda Mother", "Flaming", "The Narrow Way", "Grantchester Meadows", or even "Embryo"! (The latter two get little snippets in their rendition of "Interstellar Overdrive".)

I'm a huge fan of "One of These Days" but Lee Harris' slide guitar work doesn't quite reach the bar set by David and the Roundhouse version is quite underwhelming. As for "If" - it's okay but not a brilliant song and I don't think "Atom Heart Mother" needs it as a bookend when there are better songs from the early years. Again, I love "Green Is the Colour" but it doesn't suit Gary Kemp's voice, as good a job as the band does of it, I think it could easily be replaced. "Fearless" is okay but I'd trade it for any of the other songs I mentioned.
Dyma Coronafeirws