Spectral Delusions Thread

Do you play music yourself? Then this is your place-to-be!

Re: AWT Music [RETIRED]

Postby Alec Taylor » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:02 pm

It's a remix of the song "Ring Rink!" by Tomoko Sasaki. :mrgreen:
Salus Populi Suprema Lex Esto
Alec Taylor
A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Re: AWT Music [RETIRED]

Postby Alec Taylor » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:28 pm

Confession time.

I never actually stopped making music. I've still been building up a YouTube channel, making remixes, and writing music like I've always done. I've kept it all in secret for the past year. I'm not ready to show anything off just yet, though. I've spent time reaching out on Facebook and Twitter to some of my lower-key musical idols, and believe it or not they've actually responded to me. I've gotten a lot of tips and tricks from some of the people I look up to that have changed my musical perspective completely. I've got no plans just yet, but I do have the general idea of staying with single songs and moving away from big weighty projects (because we've all spent the past few years watching me fuck those up every single time :lol: ). There is one particular song I've been brainstorming since last March that I think you guys will like, but we'll see.

When I'm ready to come back, I'll announce it with that song most likely. My new YouTube channel isn't exactly a secret if you've been keeping up with Pink Floyd Mania, but there's not much there to praise yet.
Alec Taylor

Re: Spectral Delusions Thread

Postby Alec Taylor » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:50 pm

Alright, it's announcement time.

Under the new name of 'Spectral Delusions', I plan on diving fully into making progressive music, be it in the realms of rock, electronic, or pop. My current project is a passion project I've been wanting to make for a long time, a Lo-Fi suite celebrating the environment of my home in rural northwest Missouri. It's a five-part instrumental piece called Wildlife Missouri. It's sort of testing the waters for how I want to move forward. Other than this, I'll be working on a proper album debut called Was it all a dream?, which I've talked about before.

Long story short, I'm done with big concept pieces and worldbuilding and alter egos and that other shit. I plan on just releasing single songs, one at a time, until I have about an hour of original material out. Then I'll take all of the criticism and last-minute ideas to revise those release songs for a "final release" as a proper album. There is no concept behind my album other than all of the abandoned projects, half-baked ideas, and recycled material of the past were all just "dreams" amidst an unsure stream of consciousness. I already have two songs written for it, with maybe like sixteen planned? I don't know. I'm just gonna put out singles until I have an album's worth. I like this idea more, as now my ideas don't feel weighed down by concepts or burdened with certain expectations or limitations.

So Wildlife Missouri will come out whenever it's done (probably before November 2018), and Was it all a dream? will see its first two releases sometime before the end of the year. As for the new stage name, well... I don't really feel like using my real name and I'm sure it won't be too hard to figure out where this new one came from.
Alec Taylor

Previous

Return to Musician Central