The Notebook v4.0

Talk about anything in here!

Re: The Notebook v4.0

Postby Alec Taylor » Thu May 31, 2018 1:03 am

Moving to Kansas City over the course of the next month, and gonna be starting work as an environmental scientist specializing in hazardous material response as soon as the drug test clears. Feels good to reach a big milestone like this and leave my miserable homeland behind.
Salus Populi Suprema Lex Esto
User avatar
Alec Taylor
A Momentary Lapse of Reason
 
Posts: 2647
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:03 pm
Location: Shawnee, KS

Re: The Notebook v4.0

Postby gunnersnightmare » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:22 pm

"unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth" -tony banks
gunnersnightmare
The Piper at the Gates of Dawn
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:23 am

Re: The Notebook v4.0

Postby The Silver Lining » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:06 pm

Lord of lords
King of kings
has returned
to lead the children home
to take them to the new

JERUSALEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM
Image
Wonderlust - Not so soon™.
User avatar
The Silver Lining
Animals
 
Posts: 1460
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:17 am
Location: Kessel-Lo

Re: The Notebook v4.0

Postby Dyolf » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:26 am

gunnersnightmare wrote:"unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth" -tony banks


That's Genesis... and between the two tracks ("Unquiet Slumbers for the Sleepers..." / "... In That Quiet Earth") it's written by the whole band, if my memory serves me correctly.
Gwyrdd yw'r lliw.
User avatar
Dyolf
Animals
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Cymru (Wales)

Re: The Notebook v4.0

Postby Alec Taylor » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:07 pm

I live in a country where people are more outraged by a billboard designed to sell shoes than they are innocent children being gunned down in cold blood. Things have gone off the rails over here, any of you mind if my fiance and I come over for a two-year sleepover across the pond?
Salus Populi Suprema Lex Esto
User avatar
Alec Taylor
A Momentary Lapse of Reason
 
Posts: 2647
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:03 pm
Location: Shawnee, KS

Re: The Notebook v4.0

Postby Dyolf » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:14 pm

Alec Taylor wrote:I live in a country where people are more outraged by a billboard designed to sell shoes than they are innocent children being gunned down in cold blood. Things have gone off the rails over here, any of you mind if my fiance and I come over for a two-year sleepover across the pond?


Don't you mean fiancée? And sure, come if you want.
Gwyrdd yw'r lliw.
User avatar
Dyolf
Animals
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Cymru (Wales)

Re: The Notebook v4.0

Postby The Silver Lining » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:15 pm

Sure, you can come over, if you can stand the fact that our current media is all about the fact that our politicians have caught up and realized that the war on drugs is a war that cannot be won.

In other words, Belgium's politics shitshow only seems relatively nice, because it's 5-10 years behind on that of the USA.
Image
Wonderlust - Not so soon™.
User avatar
The Silver Lining
Animals
 
Posts: 1460
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:17 am
Location: Kessel-Lo

Re: The Notebook v4.0

Postby Alec Taylor » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:09 pm

War on Drugs, what a joke. I believe in rehabilitation over punishment, but people these days seem to have forgotten that we should be spending our time helping each other rather than being a bunch of ding dongs.
Salus Populi Suprema Lex Esto
User avatar
Alec Taylor
A Momentary Lapse of Reason
 
Posts: 2647
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:03 pm
Location: Shawnee, KS

Re: The Notebook v4.0

Postby The Silver Lining » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:01 am

To me it is the best example of how morally corrupt politics are in general.

Scientists have established for decades that addiction is a disease that needs to be treated. Politicians completely ignore this, and treat it 100% as a crime. It is literally illegal to have a disorder in almost the entire world, purely due to the superficial way politicians think.
Image
Wonderlust - Not so soon™.
User avatar
The Silver Lining
Animals
 
Posts: 1460
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:17 am
Location: Kessel-Lo

Re: The Notebook v4.0

Postby Alec Taylor » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:05 pm

I can't believe I ever let myself fall into that dangerous mindset of letting people fend for themselves. Darwinism is for animals, we should want to prop each other up and succeed together. I've made so many terrible mistakes just by forgetting that one simple idea. :(
Salus Populi Suprema Lex Esto
User avatar
Alec Taylor
A Momentary Lapse of Reason
 
Posts: 2647
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:03 pm
Location: Shawnee, KS

Re: The Notebook v4.0

Postby Dyolf » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:44 pm

Good news for Americans! Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets will be announcing North America dates soon!
Gwyrdd yw'r lliw.
User avatar
Dyolf
Animals
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Cymru (Wales)

Re: The Notebook v4.0

Postby Alec Taylor » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:50 pm

please come to kansas city please come to kansas city please come to kansas city
Salus Populi Suprema Lex Esto
User avatar
Alec Taylor
A Momentary Lapse of Reason
 
Posts: 2647
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:03 pm
Location: Shawnee, KS

Re: The Notebook v4.0

Postby quicksilver » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:11 pm

I doubt he would come to Wisconsin, but possibly Chicago. Nick really did a good job in putting this show together and it's probably turning out to be bigger than he thought.
Thank you PFO
Joined January 2004
Retired October 22, 2014- 1378 posts

Pink Floyd Sept 30, 1987 Milwaukee Cty Stadium
Roger Waters Nov 13, 1987 Milwaukee (Mecca)
Pink Floyd July 3, 1994 Madison
Pink Floyd July 12, 1994 Chicago
User avatar
quicksilver
Wish You Were Here
 
Posts: 1079
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:58 pm
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Re: The Notebook v4.0

Postby Dyolf » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:06 pm

quicksilver wrote:I doubt he would come to Wisconsin, but possibly Chicago. Nick really did a good job in putting this show together and it's probably turning out to be bigger than he thought.


He recently said that he doesn't want it to get too big. I think he's happy to play small, theatre-sized venues. I saw him on Thursday night and it was amazing! He even gave a shout-out to Syd and Rick during the show. Guy Pratt brings a very jovial essence to the show but I can't help thinking that Nick could have found a more suitable singer than Gary Kemp who kinda butchers the stuff which David originally sang so softly, like "Fearless" and "Green Is the Colour".
Gwyrdd yw'r lliw.
User avatar
Dyolf
Animals
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Cymru (Wales)

Re: The Notebook v4.0

Postby Alec Taylor » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:42 pm

If it's a small tour with small venues, then he'll probably skip Kansas City and stick with places like Denver, Chicago, or one of those Ohio cities (Cincinnati or Columbus). It will be hard enough to get tickets here in KC, but forget being able to afford a 6+ hour road trip.
Salus Populi Suprema Lex Esto
User avatar
Alec Taylor
A Momentary Lapse of Reason
 
Posts: 2647
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:03 pm
Location: Shawnee, KS

Re: The Notebook v4.0

Postby Dyolf » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:15 pm

Alec Taylor wrote:If it's a small tour with small venues, then he'll probably skip Kansas City and stick with places like Denver, Chicago, or one of those Ohio cities (Cincinnati or Columbus). It will be hard enough to get tickets here in KC, but forget being able to afford a 6+ hour road trip.


He's also announced dates for a UK "tour" in April; apart from playing Cardiff all the other venues are not that far apart... Cambridge, Aylesbury and London.
Gwyrdd yw'r lliw.
User avatar
Dyolf
Animals
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Cymru (Wales)

Re: The Notebook v4.0

Postby Alec Taylor » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:08 pm

Dyolf wrote:
Alec Taylor wrote:If it's a small tour with small venues, then he'll probably skip Kansas City and stick with places like Denver, Chicago, or one of those Ohio cities (Cincinnati or Columbus). It will be hard enough to get tickets here in KC, but forget being able to afford a 6+ hour road trip.


He's also announced dates for a UK "tour" in April; apart from playing Cardiff all the other venues are not that far apart... Cambridge, Aylesbury and London.


A "small tour" in the UK has a very different meaning than a "small tour" in the United States. In the time it takes me to drive from the northern border of Missouri to the southern border, I could cross half of Europe. That's why if he only picks like a dozen stops here or so, there's a high chance they won't be anywhere near the Midwest except maybe Chicago or Denver.
Salus Populi Suprema Lex Esto
User avatar
Alec Taylor
A Momentary Lapse of Reason
 
Posts: 2647
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:03 pm
Location: Shawnee, KS

Re: The Notebook v4.0

Postby Dyolf » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:56 am

Alec Taylor wrote:
Dyolf wrote:
Alec Taylor wrote:If it's a small tour with small venues, then he'll probably skip Kansas City and stick with places like Denver, Chicago, or one of those Ohio cities (Cincinnati or Columbus). It will be hard enough to get tickets here in KC, but forget being able to afford a 6+ hour road trip.


He's also announced dates for a UK "tour" in April; apart from playing Cardiff all the other venues are not that far apart... Cambridge, Aylesbury and London.


A "small tour" in the UK has a very different meaning than a "small tour" in the United States. In the time it takes me to drive from the northern border of Missouri to the southern border, I could cross half of Europe. That's why if he only picks like a dozen stops here or so, there's a high chance they won't be anywhere near the Midwest except maybe Chicago or Denver.


His North America tour may not be that small. I think his European tour was him testing the water – and it seems that audiences have responded very well, the show I went to was very good. I would not be surprised if the America tour is somewhat more extensive, at least I hope so. As far as I know, none of the European shows were filmed so I hope we eventually get a DVD/BD release next year.
Gwyrdd yw'r lliw.
User avatar
Dyolf
Animals
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Cymru (Wales)

Previous

Return to Outside the Wall

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron