The Notebook v4.0

Talk about anything in here!
Dyolf
Animals
Re: The Notebook v4.0

Post by Dyolf » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:11 pm

Seeing as I've had to take some annual leave, I've decided to dust off my copy of The Early Years 1975–1972. As well as gaining a renewed appreciating for "Atom Heart Mother", I decided to watch More and La Vallée for the first time. My verdict? They're shit. More is excruciatingly boring despite a Floyd soundtrack. My problem with La Vallée is I don't speak French! And, for whatever reason, there are no subtitles supplied on the discs, so I could not appreciate the film. However, I watched anyway because you can get the gist without speaking Français, but the Floyd's soundtrack seems less well-fitting than their More soundtrack ("Wot's Uh... the Deal?" being the soundtrack to a sex scene, for instance.) The albums are much better than the films. I've just received a copy of Zabriskie Point so I shall hopefully watch that soon.
Dyma Coronafeirws

The Silver Lining
Animals

Post by The Silver Lining » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:58 am

The one true Pink Floyd soundtrack that I love, is Echoes synched with A Space Odyssey. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn7MmS3vazU
Wonderlust - Not so soon™.

Dyolf
Animals

Post by Dyolf » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:07 am

Did you know – that "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast" began life as an attempted re-invention of "Careful with That Axe, Eugene"?
Dyma Coronafeirws

The Silver Lining
Animals

Post by The Silver Lining » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:45 pm

I didn't. :O

For the life of me, I cannot figure out any similarities between the two songs' musical structure.
Wonderlust - Not so soon™.

Dyolf
Animals

Post by Dyolf » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:43 am

The connection is a track called "Explosion", recorded for Zabriskie Point, which was replaced by "Come In Number 51, Your Time Is Up". "Explosion" has the characteristic construction of "Eugene" but is quite different. I highly recommend checking it out. The best way to hear it is to listen to "Eugene", then "Explosion" then "Breakfast" to hear the evolution.
Dyma Coronafeirws