Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice & Fire)

Talk about anything in here!
Dyolf
Animals
Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice & Fire)

Post by Dyolf » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:54 pm

So who's a fan? Anyone? I am. I watched season one of GOT and just had to read the book. I then managed to read the books to keep ahead of the TV show. I've read them all (published ones at least) and can't wait for April when season five starts :D
Dyma Coronafeirws

Floydy
Meddle

Re: Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice & Fire)

Post by Floydy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:12 pm

I love GoT. I'm only up to season 3 but I can't get enough.

Dyolf
Animals

Post by Dyolf » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:16 pm

Floydy wrote:I love GoT. I'm only up to season 3 but I can't get enough.
I love it, but each season seems to take more liberties and stray further from the books, so they're definitely worth a read as the books are better than the series in most respects. Season four will be out on Blu-ray in February so I'll re-watch it before season five starts :D
Dyma Coronafeirws

Floydy
Meddle

Post by Floydy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:22 pm

Dyolf wrote:
Floydy wrote:I love GoT. I'm only up to season 3 but I can't get enough.
I love it, but each season seems to take more liberties and stray further from the books, so they're definitely worth a read as the books are better than the series in most respects. Season four will be out on Blu-ray in February so I'll re-watch it before season five starts :D
I do have the first 2 books but I haven't gotten around to reading them yet, but I know they are there waiting for me.

The Silver Lining
Animals

Post by The Silver Lining » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:08 am

I wouldn't exactly call myself a fan, but I have watched the 4 seasons so far, and enjoyed them all. I love the fact that George R.R. Martin doesn't care for the popular characters. If he wants to do a plot twist by killing the 5 most popular characters, then he simply does it.
Wonderlust - Not so soon™.

Dyolf
Animals

Post by Dyolf » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:26 am

Indeed, and Tyrion's fate is possibly worse than death... (oops, spoilers).
Dyma Coronafeirws

Floydy
Meddle

Post by Floydy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:35 pm

Please. No spoilers. I already know that that little fuckwit Joffery dies at his wedding. And Tyrion tried to kill his Father but I don't have the HBO channel.

Dyolf
Animals

Post by Dyolf » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:48 am

We get it on the Sky Atlantic channel (as HBO isn't even a channel here) and Sky have cut down the commercial breaks from 4 to 1 since the last season because fans kept moaning about it :lol:

I won't spoil it for you, other than to say that some of your facts aren't quite correct ;) I buy the Blu-rays when they come out, they're well worth the money.
Dyma Coronafeirws

Floydy
Meddle

Post by Floydy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:18 am

I have seasons 1 & 2 on DVD. My mate made a copy of season 3. I'm going to get them on Blu-ray once I have the money. So far I have introduced 2 friends of mine, who I thought wouldn't like the show, to GoT. They both loved it.

Floydy
Meddle

Post by Floydy » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:33 pm

Just finished watching season 4 for about the 8th time and all I can say is Oh My God. Bring on season 5!!!

Dyolf
Animals

Post by Dyolf » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:55 am

I'm about to begin re-watching season 4 in preparation for season 5! I can't wait!
Dyma Coronafeirws

Floydy
Meddle

Post by Floydy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:28 am

I'll have to wait until next year when it comes out on dvd to watch it. I have all the published books now so I have a lot of reading ahead of me.

Floydy
Meddle

Post by Floydy » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:18 am

Isn't it great that we have forums like this that we can revisit over and over again. I think it's rather quaint the way we were so enthusiastic for more GoT. Then the 8th season came out and literally fucked 7 years of epic television. Star Wars is a smouldering pile of shite, thankfully The Mandalorian has helped drag Georges franchise from out of the quagmire. The Terminator franchise got woke and went broke. And from what I've read the next Indiana Jones film is headed down the same path. I still have a good 20 years left to live. If things are in this bad a shape I honestly fear for the future.