Pet Peeves........

Talk about anything in here!

Pet Peeves........

Postby quicksilver » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:39 pm

We all have them.

1. Drivers who pull out right in front me; step on the gas so I don't hit them, and immediately put their blinker on to turn. what? you couldn't wait 3 more seconds for me to pass?
2. The 15 item or less isle at the grocery store is there for a reason jackass.
3. Is it absolutely neccessary that you squeel your tires, every single time?
4. I know that you give money to charity, which is great, but its not so great that you remind me of it. Try this on for size: Charity is supposed to gladden the heart of the giver. If you donate in order to be recognized- you're doing it for the wrong reason.
5. This happened Saturday night at a bowling tournament. I brought a few of my Floyd CD's and as soon as I put on Darkside, within 10 seconds someone yells out " hey lets go roll a few fat ones outside". I hate how people think you have to be stoned to enjoy their music.
Thank you PFO
Joined January 2004
Retired October 22, 2014- 1378 posts

Pink Floyd Sept 30, 1987 Milwaukee Cty Stadium
Roger Waters Nov 13, 1987 Milwaukee (Mecca)
Pink Floyd July 3, 1994 Madison
Pink Floyd July 12, 1994 Chicago
quicksilver
Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Pet Peeves........

Postby SunShade » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:45 pm

I think I could potentially crash this forum if I listed off everything that got under my skin, but that's probably because I'm generally pretty irritable these days. :lol:
Can You Feel It? - Coming Fall 2016 (30%)
SunShade
The Wall

Postby quicksilver » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:19 pm

I selfishly started this thread to read Artisan's list :lol: :lol:
Thank you PFO
Joined January 2004

quicksilver
Dark Side of the Moon

Postby Lady Floydian » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:45 am

Ooh, I have a few.

1. People that get in line at a restaurant or even Starbucks, then get to the counter and don't know what they want. How about hanging back and figuring out what you want to order, THEN getting in line?

2. Women that don't sit down on the toilet seat to pee, thus spraying urine all over the seat, the floor, and who knows where else. Your telephone has more germs on it than a public toilet. Put your ass down and piss, lady. A corollary to this is women who don't dispose of their feminine hygiene products properly. The last time I used a public restroom, and it was because it was an emergency, otherwise I'd have waited until I got home, there was a bloody tampon on the floor. Just sitting there. F*cking hell.

3. Door-to-door solicitors, particularly religious salespeople, that can't take a hint. I've had the same two people come to the door about five or six times in the last year or so, asking if we'd like to join their church. I get it, you believe you're supposed to go forth and spread the word, but if I say I'm not interested, that doesn't mean come back another time and I'll change my mind. I'm never rude to these people, only because they're well-meaning if not a bit dim, but come on.

4. Anyone over the age of 13 who speaks English as a first language and cannot use proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar in a sentence, whether online or in print. I have to help my sister grade her classes' homework sometimes, and it's atrocious. Some of these kids print like they're serial killers writing a ransom note. On top of that, their grasp of the English language is so tenuous, it might as well be non-existent. I blame their parents for not stressing better language skills, I blame the kids themselves for being lazy, and I blame their past teachers for not cracking the whip on them when they were first learning this to begin with.

5. People who cough and/or sneeze in public and don't cover their mouths. That's how many diseases are spread, particularly the common cold and the flu, and I don't want either. If you're sick, stay home. You don't need to go shopping for tube socks when there's snot running down your face. Also, if you're in a restaurant, please chew with your mouth closed. I don't want to see or hear you chomping, smacking, or slurping your meal. Don't talk with food in your mouth, either. Whatever you want to say can wait until you've chewed and swallowed. I sometimes wonder if these people were raised in the wild by a pack of wolves. They have no social graces whatsoever. They burp and fart at the table, they wipe their mouths with the backs of their hands, they let their fork bang and clink against their teeth....yeesh.

6. Last, but certainly not least, people who use their cell phones will driving. I don't give a flying fudge bar if you're on the phone with the Dalai Lama — PULL OVER. I'm tired of being stuck behind these idiots because they can't be bothered to hang up or quit texting their BFF. It's against the law here in North Carolina, but you'd never know it. It's one of those laws that should be enforced but often isn't, because in order to do it properly, we'd need to quintuple our police force. I'm sure this last one will probably hit a few people that post here, but eh. Nothing you have to say is so important it can't wait until you get home or until you can find a parking lot somewhere to pull into. Even if you have to dial 911, you should still pull over.
(signature image courtesy of loud-love @ deviantART)

Thank you, PFO.
Joined Oct 2009
Retired Oct 2014 — 7,762 posts
Lady Floydian
Obscured By Clouds

Postby Artisan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:43 am

1. Not being able to 'Like' Quicksilver's second post.

2. My nature. Hey, I didn't want to be a cynic, but society beat me into it. I, of course, had nothing to do with it.

3. Really long and drawn-out passive-aggressive arguments. Especially on TV. You know, it's not like we hate it in real life or anything. Go on, I haven't seen enough of it today. Just draw it out. While you're at it, take a joke that was mildly funny an make it go on for three minutes. No, I only paid for the Netflix account, it's not like I wanted to watch an actual show with a plot and character development or anything.

4. The fact that I know I do everything that I hate in other people, but having no idea how to stop.

3. Making mistakes in forum posts.

4. Being able to recite countless hours of classic rock historical facts, but still getting east and west confused every damn time.

3. When I tell people I like classic rock and their reaction is a bewildered "You mean, like the 80s?" I'm wearing a Rolling Stones shirt. Use your brain.

4. Still not being able to 'Like' Quicksilver's second post.

3. That liking something now requires clicking a button, not having an opinion. Hence why I had to put 'Like' between apostrophes.

4. Using "u" in place of "you". I don't have nearly as much of a problem with other abbreviations. Dnt they jst make u mad?????

3. Being incapable of conveying my thoughts in a coherent manner. Now I know how Pete Townshend felt.

4. Comparing my inability to articulate myself to the Lifehouse sessions.

5. AutoCorrect. It's a piece of spinach.

6. Disbling AutoCorrect and makinf tons of spellibg wrrors becuase this keypad suks.

7. Fun Fact: Everything in that above comment was a genuine mistake. I planned on deliberately misspelling a few words but that's what actually came up.

8. Fun Facts.

9. That this has turned into the joke I mentioned in the first number 3.

10. People who insist that certain music must be enjoyed on drugs. Look, if certain music sucks so bad that you have to physically change your brain around to like it... it means the music sucks.

11. That this apartment complex is supposed to be quiet starting at 11 PM but the exact opposite seems to be true. I don't care if you went to Home Depot and got a jackhammer, it's 4 AM and I just fell asleep. Please die.

12. Knowing that I don't really wish death upon people but never changing my mannerisms.

13. Making up BS for lists.

14. Being really tall.

15. The fact that it's still freezing here, but my only coat makes me sweat like I'm in a desert so I need to have like ten clean shirts per day or freeze to death. Also that the freezing to death option seems to be the better alternative (I'm not going to take it, don't worry. But I do need a lot more money for laundry.)

3. This push for "minimalist design" nowadays. YouTube recently did away with the little outline of the search bar unless you're hovering over it. Well that little script has made the site about thirteen times slower than it already was. Why does the basic "minimalist design" concept have to use up so much memory? Don't model each pixel individually - it's already blank!!

4. That the smiley that looks like Elvis Costello is labelled über geek.

5. That John Entwistle recorded the bass for "The Real Me" in one take on his first try and my fingers are blistering over just trying to play a basic bassline.

6. That even though I refuse to subscribe to any stereotypes, almost every single person in this apartment complex adheres strictly to them and thus makes me feel prejudicial. [EDIT: I accidentally put prejudiced. That's the opposite of what I meant to put!]

7. That commercials at their quietest are louder than shows at their loudest.

8. Any form of paid advertisement or sponsorship.

9. That even though I started this list with good intentions, I'm just doing it to make people laugh now, and I know it, and they know it, but I probably won't stop.

10. Jokes about airline food.

11. Airline food.

12. Not being able to remember names OR faces.

13. That I avoid all social problems by not having friends. Hey, it works.

14. That my imaginary friend has schizophrenia and is afraid of losing their grip on reality.

15. Knowing how pathetic I am.

16. That I still can't 'Like' Quicksilver's second post.

17. Extreme optimism. I try to look on the bright side, even if only for a laugh, but it's six AM, I had a dream that I got brutally murdered in a train station, and I need to leave early because someone screwed up my work schedule. Don't make me happy.

18. The myth that if you die in a dream you die in real life. Fun Fact: If you die in the dream, you just end up somewhere else. Sometimes you can even see the you that died. I've died three times in the same dream.

19. The myth that you can't hear the tone at the end of "A Day In The Life". Yes, I can, and it gives me a headache.

20. That Bruce Springsteen never released "Roulette" or "Loose Ends" on proper studio albums. Awesome songs, but it bothers me that I need to break out that giant box just to hear them.

21. That "Roulette" isn't on 18 Tracks. Come on, it's the best song in the box set by a long shot. You couldn't put it on the condensed version? Aargh...

22. That "Hey You" is on every Floyd best-of. I'm not going to let my hatred of it blind me from the fact that other people enjoy it, but did it have some sort of cultural impact, moreso than the rest of the album? Was it a single or something? Surely people don't want to hear sixteen bars of maggots buzzing, or am I just crazy?

23. That I'm known around here as "the guy who hates 'Hey You'" instead of "the guy who loves The Final Cut and A Saucerful of Secrets more than most people."

24. That even though I avoid drugs and alcohol because I know I have an addictive personality, I can't do the same with potato chips and soda. Not because they're unhealthy, but because they're expensive and I go through like five bags of chips a week.

25. Reissue CDs that tamper with the original tracks more than just remastering, unediting, or correcting speed. Oh, a song that was planned to be on the album but wouldn't fit? Please put it at the end with the other bonus tracks. I came for the original album, give me the extras after.

26. That every single music release nowadays has a deluxe edition released, for two dollars more, with one to three bonus tracks, and that both are always on iTunes. Just make the bonus tracks the regular album. It's not like people are going to say, "$14.99? Oh, no, I can't afford that! I'll just settle for the $13.99 one without the alternate vocal take."

27. That the Beatles wrote "The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill" and that they put it on an album.

28. That I have to make plans according to how lazy I think I'll be feeling at that time. I really want to go to the presentation on Friday... but I'll probably be tired. And it might not be all that great.

29. People who think Dark Side of the Moon was Mr. Pink Floyd's only song.

30. How acquainted I've become with the smell of burning Fruity Pebbles, and the fact that it seems normal to me to smell burning Fruity Pebbles on a daily basis, and that there's no way to say that to make it sound non-creepy.

31. Social norms. Look at me, I'm jumping on your table making faces. Booga booga boo. Aaaand here come the cops! I wanna express myself dammit.

32. The fact that #31 has actually happened to me.

33. That the vending machine downstairs has conned me out of $4.50 and that I know I will never do anything about it.

34. Being only mildly skilled at a wide variety of instruments but having no otherwise unobtainable talent. Guess calling myself "Artisan" was a prophecy. Wish I'd called myself "Hendrix 2.0", maybe that would have been better.

35. That I accidentally left my soda on the desk and I don't want to get out of bed to get it but I'm really thirsty.

36. That there are a million other things I could be doing right now and that this joke has gone on for far too long.

37. That the 1996 reissue of Quadrophenia doesn't have the luxurious liner notes that the rest of the series does. Which is a shame because I really like the packaging.

38. Misplacing things and realizing that I'm holding them fifteen minutes later.

39. That I know Quicksilver read this entire list, and that I think he might be a little bit disappointed that it's not as over-the-top as he expected but that up until this one it was still mildly entertaining.

40. That this would make for a really lousy standup routine but honestly it's all I have.
Last edited by Artisan on Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artisan
The Wall

Postby SunShade » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:43 pm

1. That I will never top Artisan's glorious list and its glorious numbering.

2. This blasted weather. I know it's not usually this crazy, I remember the weather from year to year. These past years have been something strange.

3. The fact that Scott Cawthon decided to release Five Nights at Freddy's 3 OUT OF THE GODDAMN BLUE on a night where I had to go to bed early for work. Now everyone has played it but me, and I still have a few hours to go before I have a chance.

4. Yes, I do have an unhealthy obsession with the Five Nights at Freddy's series. I still sometimes have nightmares of being in the dark and hearing that music box play before I wake up.

5. People who are 'big fans' of a band and know only a few of their songs. Yes, I've heard Thick as a Brick and I like some of the first few segments. That must make me the ultimate Jethro Tull fan, right?

6. Along those lines, I feel like a person should be familiar with a decent variety of a band's work before bragging about being a fan (although I guess that's a personal bias and not a pet peeve)

7. People who drive in the snow. They either drive as if the ground has zero traction whatsoever, or they drive as if there's no snow whatsoever. How about that happy medium where we just drive carefully and don't get passed by kids walking on the sidewalk?

8. Rockism. Although most of the music I listen to is considered 'rock', I don't believe it's the only music worth listening to. Surely people can see that there is plenty of good music in every genre, it just takes some dedication to crack those genres that you might not normally find yourself listening to.

9. The Anti-Collins Genesis people. Phil didn't even (hardly) write material for the band, and are they trying to convince me that "Domino", "Driving the Last Spike", and "Duke's Travels" are disgusting sell-out pop music?

10. My university's toilet paper. This stuff is like half-ply, they should just install a bidet if they want us to suffer. At least it'll get the job done.

11. Being overweight. Every time I think I can start losing weight, McDonald's makes the triple cheeseburger or something like that, and that stuff is just too tasty and so cheap for my poor college budget. Vegetables are expensive.

12. People who text while walking on the sidewalk. If they try to cross the street while texting and I'm driving, I honk and swerve at them to scare the shit out of them in hopes that they'll pay attention for a change. I'm sure that makes me an asshole, but it's totally worth it.
SunShade
The Wall

Postby Artisan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:44 pm

SunShade wrote:5. People who are 'big fans' of a band and know only a few of their songs. Yes, I've heard Thick as a Brick and I like some of the first few segments. That must make me the ultimate Jethro Tull fan, right?

6. Along those lines, I feel like a person should be familiar with a decent variety of a band's work before bragging about being a fan (although I guess that's a personal bias and not a pet peeve)

This drives me up the wall. The thing is, I admit to only collecting small portions of certain discographies, but I at least make an attempt to have a knowledge of later material. For example, I'm currently not interested in collecting any post-Exile Rolling Stones stuff... but I know a bunch of their more recent songs, and I can list off the names of the albums. I'm not like "Dude 'Sympathy For The Devil' rocks! I'm the biggest Stones fan ever! WOOOO! 'Salt of the Earth'? What's that, a Beatles song?" (answer: it's a damn good quasi-gospel bluesy rocker and the biggest reason I bought Beggar's Banquet.)

SunShade wrote:7. People who drive in the snow. They either drive as if the ground has zero traction whatsoever, or they drive as if there's no snow whatsoever. How about that happy medium where we just drive carefully and don't get passed by kids walking on the sidewalk?

Had a douchebag today, while I was about to cross the street, turn into the lane, allowing the back of his car to pivot around. his car was half-sideways and if I had walked a little faster (I was keeping time to Gimme Shelter) my feet would have been pancaked. I gave him the finger, he gave it back, and we went our separate ways. P.S. if for some reason that guy is reading this, get off the road, asshole.

SunShade wrote:8. Rockism. Although most of the music I listen to is considered 'rock', I don't believe it's the only music worth listening to. Surely people can see that there is plenty of good music in every genre, it just takes some dedication to crack those genres that you might not normally find yourself listening to.

The thing is, with this, I find that most of the time my favorite songs of other genres are performed by rock acts or have a rock variant on them. My favorite country song is "Wild Horses", which is definitely more country than rock. That's not really a good example as I actually really love classic country, though. My favorite rap song, if you want to classify it that way, is "Back in Black". Sure, it's got all the structure of a rap song, only it has guitar and it doesn't sample "Funky Drummer". So I suppose it can't be rap. My favorite blues song is "Soulshine" by the Allman Brothers. Definite blues rock vibe. Not a standard I-IV-V, but still definitely bluesy and rocky. My favorite classical piece is, uh, "Father's Shout"? Actually, no, it's "Ride of the Valkyries". But that was pretty rockin', right?
Last edited by Artisan on Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artisan
The Wall

Postby quicksilver » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:47 pm

I love artisan's 22................. I knew it would be there somewhere :shock: I'm sure at some point you'll realize that its really a great song :lol: :lol:

Artisans #41- People who like Hey you and point that out, specifically because we know you don't like it :lol:
Thank you PFO
Joined January 2004

quicksilver
Dark Side of the Moon

Postby SunShade » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:14 pm

Rockism is this belief that rock music is the standard to judge other music by, while often dismissing all pop music as cute rubbish. That is the specific pet peeve. Rock music is really only 50 or 60 years old, and I feel like it sort of happened on accident sometimes. I may not be a big connoisseur of jazz, classical, or rap, but it seems silly to me to listen to it and think "that's great and all, but it didn't have a guitar solo I could wave my lighter at, so it wasn't THAT good".
SunShade
The Wall

Postby Artisan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:28 pm

Yes, judging music based on those two things is complete and utter rubbish. Guitar solos can go get fisted by a rabid armadillo unless they contribute a LOT to the song. Fletcher Memorial Home, Time, Comfortably Numb, Let It Be (album version), Nowhere Man... you know the ones I mean. Stuff like Division Bell and all... they were just there because they HAD to be. And as for wave your lighter... I'll put my lighter to your jacket if you think that's what rock music is about.

That said, I do think that out of all music genres, rock is the one that has the most elements of all others, besides *maybe* jazz if you count freeform and avant garde in there. Whereas metal has a million subgenres and one distinct sound, a sound that annoys me, rock has a mere thousand subgenres and millions of unique sounds. Country is country, blues is blues. Within those genres, there is not a lot of diversity. But there is country-rock, and there is blues-rock, and there is jazz-rock (I think), and there is rap-rock. There's hard rock, pop rock, psychedelic rock, real punk rock, what-everyone-considers-punk-rock-but-what's-really-just-regular-rock-with-three-chords-and-singers-with-too-much-makeup-whining-and-overacting-and-being-what-they-set-out-to-destroy-supposedly rock. Rock can have jams, ballads, experimentation, and opera. I can't really see a twelve-bar-blues Quadrophenia emerging at any point.

I think that rock is a genre to compare lots of music to, but only because it incorporates almost everything. There's standard straight-ahead rock, which can only be classified as rock, but there's also elements of everything else in it. Are there elements of many things in other genres? Sure. But I think rock is universal, easy to grasp (though difficult to master), and is a good benchmark for comparison.

As for pop being "cute rubbish", I agree completely. Not all pop is cute rubbish. Listen to Badfinger. That's pop music with a real bite (though I classify them as rock, whatever). The four chords of pop are actually really moving chords (you know the chords I mean - think Pachelbel's Canon) but they can be misused and that's where a lot of the dissonance sets in. As always my train of thought is still boarding at the station so I'm going to shut up before I confuse you any more.

Oh, also:

3. Everything I just said
Artisan
The Wall

Postby Floydy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:41 pm

1: Pet peeves lists.
Floydy
Meddle

Postby Artisan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:32 am

3. Floydy's list.
Artisan
The Wall

Postby quicksilver » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:17 pm

6. People who feel it necessary to fill up the back of their cars with bumper stickers.
Thank you PFO
Joined January 2004

quicksilver
Dark Side of the Moon

Postby SunShade » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:01 pm

13. How my girlfriend's dad gets on my case about pretty much anything I put on Facebook.
SunShade
The Wall

Postby The Silver Lining » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:36 am

1. People who drive on the middle/left lane instead of the right lane while not overtaking somebody else. It's forbidden in Belgium, and overtaking via the right is forbidden as well. So, people who do this thing are pretty much blocking the road for others.

2. People who try to circumvent traffic jams by breaking laws.

3. People who claim to be good drivers.
All we need to do is keep listening.

Roger Waters - The Wall Live Tour - 27th May 2011, Sportpaleis, Antwerpen
Roger Waters - The Wall Live Tour - 8th September 2013, Amsterdam ArenA, Amsterdam
The Silver Lining
Wish You Were Here

Postby Artisan » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:48 am

3. That assholes are allowed to drive. Either blaring shit grind trance turdcore, peeling out violently, or flashing me the peace sign when I deliberately cut them off (what the hell is that about? I think you mean to have your hand turned around, that's the gesture I gave you). This town is filled with people who think out their ass and communicate through racist interpretive dance, and every time they roar past a stop sign I give 'em what for and/or shout at them in a bad Scottish accent.

4. Everything I just said, again.

3. That I didn't name my account Nmkl Pkjl Ftmch.
Artisan
The Wall

Postby DeepSubmergeRMM » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:13 am

@LadyFloydian

- I used to live in an apartment complex with my girlfriend and another roommate. We would frequently be visited by Jehovahs and Mormons. My way of dealing with them was telling them that we were a lesbian covenant and that we worshiped Satan OR that "Joesph Smith was a hellbound whore-mongering reprobate". They had no words. :lol:

- When I used to work at a Chili's... there were quite a few times that I saw ladies in their 40's cleaning their teeth with their silverware. :cry:
DeepSubmergeRMM
Ummagumma

Postby Floydy » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:20 am

I'm a good driver.

What's a ftmch?
Floydy
Meddle

Postby Artisan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:04 pm

All right, now I've got three minutes...

3. Knowing that ten minutes ago, when I was half awake, I had the motivation to clean my entire room, but not the energy. Now that I have the energy, I'm wasting it on deciding which game I want to play. God, I hate my work ethic.
Artisan
The Wall

Postby Artisan » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:52 am

3. Google.
4. Google.
3. Google.
Artisan
The Wall

Postby Straw » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:37 am

How did I miss this thread...
Anyways

1. 'u' instead of 'you'
2. Conspiracy theories ESP. 911 ones.
3. People who give their kids abstract names
4. People who piss on the floor
5. People who have extremely large signatures on internet forums
6. People who eat and chew really loudly
7. People who eat without closing their mouths
8. TF2 avatars
9. Fat on meat
10. When there's like 4 speed bumps in about 50 meters
11. People who cough into their hand
12. People who sneeze into their hand
13. Unstable desks, tables and chairs
14. When people spit when speaking
15. People who swear loudly on public transport
16. People who don't wipe the sweat off their foreheads
17. When People Make Posts Typing Like This
18. When you sharpen a pencil and the wood doesn't go away on one side (https://artsupplycritic.files.wordpress ... better.jpg)
19. Mac vs PC flame wars
20. Self righteous Southerners
21. Attention seekers
22. Heavy metal and its fans
23. People who feel you need to be updated on Game of Thrones even though you don't watch it
24. Most music critics
25. The fact that the new Star Wars movie will probably be bad
26. The fact that the Hobbit did not live up to my expectations
27. People who say 'dude'
28. People who reminisce
29. People who are always 'online' on Skype when their not actually there
30. League of Legends lingo
31. L33tspeak
32. People that don't answer emails and messages etc but still say 'I got your email' when you see them next
33. Smokers
34. People who make fun of disabled people
35. When I eat in bed and leave crumbs
36. Insomnia
37. Tryhards
38. Forced laughter
39. Rap
40. Any form of overusing the word 'like'
41. When someone makes plans with someone else in front of you
42. Websites that you have to scroll horizontally
43. People who spend their lives on their phone
44. People who spent their lives on facebook
45. People who use Facebook as their source of news
46. People who gossip on Facebook
47. Most people on Twitter
48. People who dress up their pets
49. Child beauty pageants
50. Adult beauty pageants
51. Chalkboards
52. People who complain about their good job
53. Chewing gum
54. People who think they always have to be right
55. Overly social people
56. People who overuse exclamation marks
57. Kids who are really nice around adults
58. The fact that you can have a career from modelling
59. The difficulty involved in opening a new CD case
60. When you accidentally damage an LP case upon opening for the first time
61. People who annoyingly package LP cases
62. Doors that squeak
63. The fact that I should be doing homework
64. People that think they are better than everyone else
65. People on motorcycles that drive extremely loudly
66. When people slowly walk in front of you
67. Grumpy teachers
68. Passive aggression
69. People who always giggle when the number 69 is said
70. Meat that tastes like paper
71. Anti-vaxers
72. New age medicine
73. Hangnails
74. When you try to rip off a hangnail and this happens (http://i.ytimg.com/vi/mQwOGKJ5XM8/hqdefault.jpg)
75. When you can't dip the cookie in milk because it won't fit
76. Religious debates
77. Kardashians
78. Beyonce
79. Movie posters as the cover of books
80. Paleos
81. Eating a slightly dried sandwich
82. Eating a slightly wet sandwich
83. People who take 4 minutes to explain something because they used the word 'umm' 600 times
84. People who unintentionally won't let anyone else speak in a group conversation
85. White Buddhists
86. The Amazing Aethiest
87. People who still make ebola jokes
88. When your sports team is doing really, really badly
89. People who eat weird sandwiches like tomato sauce, cheese and lettuce
90. People with 300 allergies
91. People with stupid bucket list entries like 'eat 10 pounds of chocolate in one sitting!'
92. 4chan's self-righteousness
93. Teenage girls who are bitches
94. Teenage girls who are attention seekers
95. when people roll their eyes
96. People that boast about their money
97. Kids that boast about their father's money
98. When your swimming and goggles are on too tight
99. The way sea water makes your eyes hurt
100. People who don't wipe their mouth after drinking from a water fountain
101. When people tease me because I don't like going camping
102. When you drop something into your guitar/cello/violin and can't get it out
103. Snare drum rattle
104. Shitty sounding drum kits like Ringo's in 'Hey Jude'
105. When live, someone in the band misses a note completely and it sounds terrible
106. When others don't know their part but you do
107. People who constantly get away with stuff they shouldn't
108. Australian politicians
109. People who advocate gun use
110. What George Bush did
111. People who go 'OMG, YOU DON'T LIKE [object]!!??' really loudly in real life
112. Being the centre of attention
113. Those people who handle massive spiders and wasps, and one bee stings me if I walk within 10 meters of it
114. That picture of Albert Einstein with his tongue sticking out
115. Selfies
116. People who try and change the world through 'inspirational' YouTube videos (bar Kony2012) [e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipe6CMvW0Dg]
117. When companies like Microsoft and Apple announce stuff, and use words like 'the future' or 'revolutionary'
118. American accents on Australian TV commercials. Not that I hate American accents, just they sound so out of place here
119. Overdone Australian accents in movies
120. The fact that British accents are so much better
121. People who blame their education for their shitty life
122. The media
123. Buzzfeed
124. People who follow Buzzfeed
125. When chargers take up five power points in a row (e.g. http://guestofaguest.com/wp-content/upl ... 00x211.jpg)
126. DS chargers
127. When you trip in public
128. Doorbells
129. People who make jokes you wouldn't understand on purpose to make themselves seem smart
130. People who think politics makes a huge difference
131. The fact that the best batsman, (and cricketer for that matter) Don Bradman, had a batting average of 99.94 (SO CLOSE to 100).
132. The fact that Bradman was a Free Mason
133. Free Masons
134. Secret Societies
135. The fact that I spent wayy too long on this list
136. People who ask what you did that day and expect a long, intricate answer
137. People who interrogate you without realising
138. People who have their car windows down and are blasting shitty music
139. THE FACT THAT I WAS AT 170 AND THE SITE ASKED ME TO SIGN IN SO I LOST ABOUT 40 GOOD ONES
140. The fact that I am now remaking the list because I just couldn't not.
141. Reality TV
142. People who watch reality TV
143. People who use the word 'gay' as an insult
144. Cab drivers who look like they are about to murder you
145. Everything about poetry
146. People who say 'All Muslims are terrorists'
147. People that think OK Computer is Radiohead's best album
148. People that pull socks up really high while wearing shorts
149. The fact that I will probably never win the lottery
150. People that blame the internet for everything
151. The odd number of Pokemon in the first generation
152. People that hate feminists
153. Hipsters, even though I probably am one
154. Judge Judy
155. People who are obsessed with animals
156. Extreme modesty
157. Extreme boasting
158. Honey Boo Boo
159. Modern Art
160. People who make like 4 posts all quoting someone different
161. Elitism
162. The color orange
163. When people ask you questions even though your mouth is obviously full and you have to chew really quickly because they are staring at you expectantly
164. People who justify actions with 'why not?'
165. People who justify actions with 'because I felt like it'
166. Circlejerking
167. Viral videos that didn't deserve to be viral
168. Lazy admins on a server, forum, etc.
169. People with songs for ringtones
170. People who carry lingo like 'brb' over into real life
171. When someone won't listen to you, especially in an argument
172. When you're wrong and someone rubs it in really hard
173. People who text when they are talking to you
174. People that stand too close to you during a conversation so you can smell their breath
175. Having to introduce myself to new people when I don't want to be somewhere
176. When someone invites you over and someone you don't know is there, and the person who invited you didn't tell you he would be there
177. Movies with loud action scenes and extremely quiet talking scenes
178. People who cut in front of you just before you walk through a door
179. Tangled chords
180. Crying children
181. Parents who can't control their crying children
182. Telemarketers who say 'sorry to disturb you' or 'thanks for your time'
183. When someone is wearing deodorant that smells way too strong
184. Playing guitar/cello/violin with cold fingers
185. When like 5 people are looking at you and you have no idea why, then start giggling and won't explain themselves
186. People who can make bubbles with bubble gum
187. Having to converse with old people
188. When people interrupt while your listening to music.
189. When your eyes water and it looks like you've been crying
190. People that give you a weird look and you spend the next 3 hours trying to figure out why
191. People who get annoyed at the slightest bit of bad gramamr
192. People who don't walk up escalators. Really annoying, this is almost everyone
193. When someone else's phone rings and you think it was yours
194. When you just miss the phone by like half a millisecond
195. Tattoos
196. Over the top album artwork
197. When otherwise good movies get something scientifically or mathematically wrong (e.g. Interstellar: jumping into the black hole)
198. Shit like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3dA8lp-2Eg
199. When someone else in my group is a control freak. I am already one. Two control freaks is bad news
200. When you miss a joke and everyone else laughs, and you have no idea what is going on
201. When you can't hear a joke and laugh anyway, and someone asks you what the joke was
202. People who jump on the bandwagon
203. People who are extremely scared of spiders
204. Advertisements that try and be funny
205. People with cold sores
206. When you make a commitment you know you're going to regret, and regret it even more when it actually happens
207. People who say 'lol' instead of laughing
208. When you sit on a public toilet seat and realise there's shit on it
209. When you get your shoes wet and have to walk around in them for like 4 hours really cold
210. Overacting
211. People who go out of their way to start arguments both on the internet and in real life
212. Fashion
213. Fart jokes
214. The word 'stinks'
215. That sticky feeling on your hands after you eat candy, and licking your fingers only makes it worse
216. The word 'dork'
217. People who wear shirts with 'inspiring' quotes on them
218. Other people's houses where you have to say a grace before eating
219. Having to finish a meal you hated at someone else's house
220. When you're waiting for dessert at someone else's house and it never comes
221. When the neighbours' dog barks while I'm trying to sleep
222. Inflation
223. When you walk into a spider web, and afterwards can't shake that sticky feeling
224. When the ice in your soft drink melts and it becomes flat
225. When a CD case hinge breaks and whenever you open it the front pops off
226. Most famous YouTubers
227. When people get shitty at me for double dipping. What, do I just eat the rest in poverty?
228. Smooth jazz being used to try and make something seem fancy
229. My friends who don't have the attention span to play Portal or Portal 2, so I can't discuss it with anyone
230. When you mess up a signature with pen, and it looks terrible
231. People that snore on a plane
232. Kids that are destined to be better than me
233. People with quick tempers
234. When someone puts something away for me in the wrong place and I can't find it
235. Hopeless idiots in call centres
236. When you're staring into space and someone interrupts
237. 'Free Four'
238. People who make fun of you when you do something simple like trip
239. People holding up a queue
240. When you drop soap repetitively in the shower
241. When you're sad and someone pathetically tries to comfort you
242. People who talk to themselves
243. Furries
244. When you order something at a restaurant and it takes way longer than expected
245. People that tell you to drum quietly. Not exactly easy
246. People that won't shut up about their holidays
247. People that won't shut up about their money
248. People that won't shut up about their life
249. People that deny doing the above 3 things when you tell them to shut the f**k up
250. Dogs when they jump up against your leg and hit you in the testicles

Phew. I feel so much better.
Last edited by Straw on Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Straw
Meddle

Postby SunShade » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:25 am

Now that was a damn good list of pet peeves.

Straw wrote:4. People who piss on the floor

If you mean people who piss on the floor intentionally, then I guess our friendship is over. :?

14. People who won't let me relieve myself wherever I deem necessary.
SunShade
The Wall

Postby Straw » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:39 am

Dammit, I was trying to finish it before anyone saw it. SunShade beat me by like 10 minutes.

Oh well. to SunShade: its done now and I added some more.
Straw
Meddle

Postby Artisan » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:51 am

My wonderful list has been trumped. Well played.
Artisan
The Wall

Postby Straw » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:55 am

Took me a while to get started, but once I did I just couldn't stop.

Also I think its funny that for SunShade to quote my number 4, he would've had to highlight a lot before he pressed the delete key.
Straw
Meddle

Next

Return to Outside the Wall