The Wall One Night Only

This subforum is about Roger Waters, one of the world's finest lyricists.

The Wall One Night Only

Postby JeffX » Fri May 22, 2015 4:55 pm

http://rogerwatersthewall.com/question.php

I want to send in a question, I have no clue what to ask. Also I hope this shows in Iowa.
http://jefflilland.blogspot.com

Roger Waters In The Flesh Tour, July 6th 2000 Minneapolis, Minnesota
JeffX
Atom Heart Mother

Re: The Wall One Night Only

Postby Artisan » Fri May 22, 2015 7:02 pm

I think I'm gonna refrain from asking why they needed sixteen bars of maggots buzzing in Hey You. Cool to see that Roger and Nick are on good terms again, I mean I know they haven't been enemies for some time but still.
Artisan
The Final Cut

Postby JeffX » Fri May 22, 2015 7:41 pm

It's too bad that Roger and David can't patch things up enough to do something like this. I know that David has performed on a couple of the shows for Comfortably Numb, but I don't know if we'll ever see them sit down together again.
http://jefflilland.blogspot.com

Roger Waters In The Flesh Tour, July 6th 2000 Minneapolis, Minnesota
JeffX
Atom Heart Mother

Postby quicksilver » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:16 pm

I don't know that we won't see David & Roger do something like this in the future. I'm convinced they won't record together or anything along those lines, but I think their relationship is such where they won't avoid something like this. David's guest appearance on Rogers Wall tour and the hoping foundation gig they did in 2010? was great. They don't have to be best friends, but I think they a healthy respect for each other.

Their relationship is much better than it was 25 or so years ago.

I would love David to invite Roger to one of his upcoming shows this fall, wouldn't that be great!
Thank you PFO
Joined January 2004
Retired October 22, 2014- 1378 posts

Pink Floyd Sept 30, 1987 Milwaukee Cty Stadium
Roger Waters Nov 13, 1987 Milwaukee (Mecca)
Pink Floyd July 3, 1994 Madison
Pink Floyd July 12, 1994 Chicago
quicksilver
Wish You Were Here

Postby Alec Taylor » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:45 pm

I don't know why, but I just imagined David surprise announcing Roger as a guest performer right in the middle of a concert and the two of them doing a special duet version of "If". Now that won't happen, but that would be pretty neat.
Was it all a dream? - Alarm set for Autumn 2018
Alec Taylor
A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Postby Dyolf » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:31 pm

So I went to see this last night at my local (rather intimate) cinema. The film itself is superb. It really is a movie and not a "concert film" even though most of it is a filmed performance of a show (in either France or Canada) with small tangents away from the show it still has the look of a movie. The film follows Roger on his travels to visit his Grandfather's and Father's graves. At each one he plays the "Outside the Wall" trumpet part in front of the grave. He's joined (at various points) by friends, colleagues and his children. They all join the trip and leave again with no warning, almost as if they're all in Roger's head and he's really talking to himself. There's a humorous section where Roger drunkenly tells a French barman (who doesn't understand English) about his father's final moments at Anzio, using bar paraphernalia as props to demonstrate the battle.

After the main film we were treated to a 20 minute Q&A with Roger and Nick, called "The Simple Facts". This was very amusing as there was a question like "Who would win in a fight between Nick riding a dolphin and Roger in a bear costume?" Which they pondered over for some time. Other questions saw Nick and Roger disagreeing on what really happened and even the two of them avoiding questions pertaining to David. I hope it gets included on the DVD/Blu-ray release.
CYMRU AM BYTH

"O’r ynys yma yw Cymraeg, o’r pridd yma.
Iaith hynaf pobl Prydain.
A hardd yw Cymraeg."
- Prof. J. R. R. Tolkien.
Dyolf
Animals

Postby quicksilver » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:11 pm

Dyolf wrote:After the main film we were treated to a 20 minute Q&A with Roger and Nick, called "The Simple Facts". This was very amusing as there was a question like "Who would win in a fight between Nick riding a dolphin and Roger in a bear costume?" Which they pondered over for some time. Other questions saw Nick and Roger disagreeing on what really happened and even the two of them avoiding questions pertaining to David. I hope it gets included on the DVD/Blu-ray release.

Quicksilver: Roger, I laughed my ass off in '87 when David added testicles to the pig to avoid paying you for image rights. Looking back, you must admit that was pretty damn clever?

RW: Next question
Thank you PFO
Joined January 2004
Retired October 22, 2014- 1378 posts

Pink Floyd Sept 30, 1987 Milwaukee Cty Stadium
Roger Waters Nov 13, 1987 Milwaukee (Mecca)
Pink Floyd July 3, 1994 Madison
Pink Floyd July 12, 1994 Chicago
quicksilver
Wish You Were Here

Postby Dyolf » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:58 pm

Roger has confirmed a DVD, Blu-ray and special edition Blu-ray for Roger Waters: The Wall movie which is to be released in November. Details here: http://prog.teamrock.com/news/2015-10-01/roger-waters-the-wall-dvd-november-2015
CYMRU AM BYTH

"O’r ynys yma yw Cymraeg, o’r pridd yma.
Iaith hynaf pobl Prydain.
A hardd yw Cymraeg."
- Prof. J. R. R. Tolkien.
Dyolf
Animals

Postby The Silver Lining » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:53 am

Dyolf wrote:Roger has confirmed a DVD, Blu-ray and special edition Blu-ray for Roger Waters: The Wall movie which is to be released in November. Details here: http://prog.teamrock.com/news/2015-10-01/roger-waters-the-wall-dvd-november-2015

Time to buy my first DVD in years... :)
Wonderlust - Not so soon™.
The Silver Lining
Animals

Return to Roger Waters