Us + Them

This subforum is about Roger Waters, one of the world's finest lyricists.

Us + Them

Postby JeffX » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:24 am

Has anyone else seen this? It's a 20 second video with a Us + Them and two hands coming together. I'm thinking it could either be a concert with guests or maybe David and Roger have mended fences? I can dream right?
http://jefflilland.blogspot.com

Roger Waters In The Flesh Tour, July 6th 2000 Minneapolis, Minnesota
JeffX
Atom Heart Mother

Re: Us + Them

Postby Alec Taylor » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:48 am

I saw that on Facebook the other day, still trying to figure out what it's all about. I doubt it's the name of a new album, because that would be lazy recycling and I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be called Heartland.
I know the forum has had its highs and lows, but I think it's quickly approaching its final sleep... no point coming around when I'm basically talking to myself for weeks at a time, huh?
Alec Taylor
A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Postby JeffX » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:55 pm

Heartland has been rumored since the early 2000s. I'd still love to see it completed someday.

JeffX
Atom Heart Mother

Postby Alec Taylor » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:38 pm

So Us + Them is the name of Roger's new tour, and his first date is in Kansas City this upcoming May! I think the third date is in St. Louis too, so this might be my chance to see a Floyd in concert! 25% of the tour will include new material, and this interview from four days ago has Roger telling us more about his upcoming album (although he doesn't mention the title of Heartland anywhere).
I know the forum has had its highs and lows, but I think it's quickly approaching its final sleep... no point coming around when I'm basically talking to myself for weeks at a time, huh?
Alec Taylor

Postby The Silver Lining » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:01 pm

Man, Roger Waters takes longer to finish his albums than I do. That's an achievement.
Wonderlust - Not so soon™.
The Silver Lining
Animals

Postby Alec Taylor » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:46 pm

I really, really want to get in on this tour at some point. I'm not big into Waters, but this might be my one and only chance to see a Floyd live! And I'm trying to drag Madi into this, even though she's not into Pink Floyd that much (or anything I listen to, for that matter :roll: :lol: ).
Alec Taylor

Postby The Silver Lining » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:21 am

I'd do it. I felt the same about David Gilmour, and I absolutely loved his concert.
The Silver Lining
Animals

Postby Alec Taylor » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:09 pm

I've heard reports that the ticket prices for floor seats will be like $275. That's my portion of rent each month, so it looks like I'm not going to see Roger Waters live. The ironic thing is that he'll probably spend the whole concert damning the evils of capitalism.
Alec Taylor

Postby The Silver Lining » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:31 am

... wat

$275 for one concert is outrageous and overpriced, no matter who the artist is.
The Silver Lining
Animals

Postby Alec Taylor » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:19 pm

I really hope those rumors are just rumors. Roger said people would be paying for the "spectacle" (because we all know music comes second to that in his mind), but I'm not paying for spectacle without substance.
Alec Taylor

Postby JeffX » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:38 am

I saw 215 a piece. That was the cheapest package on Ticketmaster's site. I don't have that kind of money to spend.

JeffX
Atom Heart Mother

Postby Alec Taylor » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:22 am

Yeah, same here. Nosebleed seats would still cost Madi and I a month of expenses just to see, so I guess we won't be going after all. And to think, all he does is bemoan the evils of capitalism. :lol:
Alec Taylor

Postby JeffX » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:51 pm

I saw someone on reddit post about waiting until the day of the show to get tickets on StubHub, but that isn't going to work for me. The closest I live to one of the shows is KC. That's a two and a half hour drive, two hours if I'm driving and traffic is clear. It's completely possible to wait until the day of the show and drive, but it would be a pain.

JeffX
Atom Heart Mother

Postby Alec Taylor » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:39 pm

JeffX wrote:The closest I live to one of the shows is KC. That's a two and a half hour drive.

Dude, you've got to be mega close to me. Kansas City is about an hour and a half away from where I currently live. 97 miles south of here to be exact.
Alec Taylor

Postby gunnersnightmare » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:43 pm

i'd love to go to this show
gunnersnightmare
The Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Postby quicksilver » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:26 pm

I want to see this show, but admittedly I'm afraid that the concert will be overshadowed by political statements and such. With all of the shit happening all over the world I just want to be entertained without all of the political activism.
Thank you PFO
Joined January 2004
Retired October 22, 2014- 1378 posts

Pink Floyd Sept 30, 1987 Milwaukee Cty Stadium
Roger Waters Nov 13, 1987 Milwaukee (Mecca)
Pink Floyd July 3, 1994 Madison
Pink Floyd July 12, 1994 Chicago
quicksilver
Wish You Were Here

Postby Artisan » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:07 pm

quicksilver wrote:I want to see this show, but admittedly I'm afraid that the concert will be overshadowed by political statements and such. With all of the shit happening all over the world I just want to be entertained without all of the political activism.

That's usually when I reach for Atom Heart Mother. :D

I don't doubt that this show would be spectacular, but yeah, Roger's message does often tend to overshadow his music.
Artisan
The Final Cut

Postby quicksilver » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Artisan wrote:
quicksilver wrote:I want to see this show, but admittedly I'm afraid that the concert will be overshadowed by political statements and such. With all of the shit happening all over the world I just want to be entertained without all of the political activism.

That's usually when I reach for Atom Heart Mother. :D

I don't doubt that this show would be spectacular, but yeah, Roger's message does often tend to overshadow his music.

I want to like Rogers concerts very badly because I do love the music and the part he played in making it, but I feel that he's using them only as a vehicle to forward his message and I sort of resent that.
Thank you PFO
Joined January 2004

quicksilver
Wish You Were Here

Postby Alec Taylor » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:44 pm

Imagine what it's going to be like now, following the election. I know that Europeans are nervous at the idea of a country whose leader doesn't want to be globalist any more.
Alec Taylor

Postby quicksilver » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:00 pm

Alec Taylor wrote:Imagine what it's going to be like now, following the election. I know that Europeans are nervous at the idea of a country whose leader doesn't want to be globalist any more.

Very true should be interesting. Congrats on post # 2000 :P :P
Thank you PFO
Joined January 2004

quicksilver
Wish You Were Here

Postby Alec Taylor » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:13 pm

quicksilver wrote:
Alec Taylor wrote:Imagine what it's going to be like now, following the election. I know that Europeans are nervous at the idea of a country whose leader doesn't want to be globalist any more.

Very true should be interesting. Congrats on post # 2000 :P :P

Used to be at ~2100 or so when I was a regular member here. Won't see me hit that number again.
Alec Taylor

Postby FrowningBanana » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:26 am

It's going to be an Anti-Trump fest. "Trump is a pig."

I'm going to this and looking forward to it, but if it's overly-political I'd be a little disappointed.

Yet again, this is what we get with Roger Waters, so.
Look up. You'll find things that you never imagined you would.

Anarcho-Capitalist, political activist.
Musician, and advocate of secession and non-aggression.
News editor for Being Libertarian, because freedom matters.
FrowningBanana
Atom Heart Mother

Postby quicksilver » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:56 pm

FrowningBanana wrote:It's going to be an Anti-Trump fest. "Trump is a pig."

I'm going to this and looking forward to it, but if it's overly-political I'd be a little disappointed.

Good to hear from you. I would expect it to follow the same format, which should make for some interesting conversation down the road.
Thank you PFO
Joined January 2004

quicksilver
Wish You Were Here

Postby Alec Taylor » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:29 pm

quicksilver wrote:

Good to hear from you. I would expect it to follow the same format, which should make for some interesting conversation down the road.

Hasn't Roger already decorated Algie to look like President Trump? I doubt that the fact he's a world leader will deter him at this point, given the nature of "The Fletcher Memorial Home".
Alec Taylor

Postby Dyolf » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:54 pm

Apparently his daughter is a huge fan of Waters/Floyd and was at his dessert show.
CYMRU AM BYTH

"O’r ynys yma yw Cymraeg, o’r pridd yma.
Iaith hynaf pobl Prydain.
A hardd yw Cymraeg."
- Prof. J. R. R. Tolkien.
Dyolf
Animals

Next

Return to Roger Waters