David Gilmour - In Concert

This subforum is for discussions about David Gilmour, the guitar master.
Alec Taylor
A Momentary Lapse of Reason

David Gilmour - In Concert

Post by Alec Taylor » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:11 pm

New concert compilation of David Gilmour on YouTube

Compiles some concerts from 2001 and 2002 featuring more stripped-down performances. There are a couple of songs I don't recognize, so I don't know if they're yet-to-be released tracks of his or cover songs, plus Rick Wright shows up to sing on his Broken China track "Breakthrough". I personally love this version more than the original (no disrespect to Sinead O'Connor).
"And if I show you my dark side, will you still hold me tonight?"

Dyolf
Animals

Re: David Gilmour - In Concert

Post by Dyolf » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:30 pm

It's just his In Concert DVD, it's been uploaded to his official YouTube channel. I'm assuming the songs you're unfamiliar with are "Je crois entendre encore" which is from a Georges Bizet opera called Les pêcheurs de perles (David speaks fluent French after all) and "Dimming of the Day" is a song by Richard Thompson – I much prefer David's version. "Hushabye Mountain" is a song from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

The DVD also has some bonus features like this performance of Elvis Presley's "Don't", this recording of Shakespeare's "Sonnet 18" set to music, featuring Michael Kamen on piano, and this performance of "I Put a Spell on You" with Mica Paris and Jools Holland.

The DVD also has a feature called "Spare Digits" or something similar which is the concert footage but only from a single camera watching David's fretboard so one can try to play along, but it's not great.
Pencampwriaeth y Chwe Gwlad 2020 The Six Nations Championship 2020

Wales v Italy
Ireland v Wales
Wales v France
England v Wales
Wales v Scotland