Leave of Absence

News and updates about the forum and website will be posted here.

Leave of Absence

Postby Alec Taylor » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:29 am

Hello Floydians,

I'm not proud of the man that I am becoming. I'm not proud of how I've conducted myself these past two years. The friends I've made here are invaluable, and I hope I can stick with them for life. I wish I could take the easy road and blame the emergence of my Type II Bipolar Disorder for my erratic behavior and general moments of being an asshole, but I can't find it in me to shirk that responsibility away from myself. I need to get a better handle on things, and find myself. I've lost my spirituality, and a lot of what made me Alec Taylor for so many years. Once I was vibrant and energetic, and engaged in so many different things. My mind was filled with wonder, and it seemed like the future was bright. Now, I am a miserable young adult with no goals, no aspirations, and a complete inability to not respond to others in a volatile and inappropriate way.

The anger and sadness of the world really gets to me, and it is compounded by the fact that I cannot find myself any more. The science I do is unfocused and unrefined, the music I make is directionless and without merit. The dangerous political environment has poisoned my mind. I really just have no clue what I'm even doing in this life any more. I need to find myself again, I need to get my life back on track.

I'm resetting the clock back to 2013 for me, back to when life still held a purpose for me. Back before my back injury, before my college kicked me out, and before I lost all momentum in making something of myself. I'm sorry to everyone for how antagonistic I've become, I know I've been a dick to everyone. I feel like it's singlehandedly my fault that Lady Floydian left our forums. We may have had our differences, but I sure do miss having her around. I'm going to start making things right. I've locked the 2016 POTUS thread, since I feel like its inception has been a major blemish on our forum (which again, is my own fault). I've archived all of my music threads as well, since none of my music is public any more. I'm also stepping down as a moderator and likely reducing my presence on Floydians drastically, along with any other online sites if I can help it.

Feel free to PM me on here, I'll get the message as an e-mail. Find me on Facebook, my name is Alec Taylor from Maryville, Missouri. And remember, when you lose control, the bad blood slows and turns to stone. And I don't want that to happen to me, not at such a young age with the possibility of great things in my future.

-Alec "SunShade" Taylor
Alec Taylor
A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Return to News & Updates