New PF Song - "Hey Hey Rise Up"

News about the band, solo careers, concerts, etc.
Alec Taylor
A Momentary Lapse of Reason

New PF Song - "Hey Hey Rise Up"

Post by Alec Taylor »

Their "first song since 1994" apparently, here it is.

Quite frankly, this song sucks and I can't believe David didn't just release it as a solo track. What a fucking waste to attach it to the Floyd name.
Floydy
Meddle

Re: New PF Song - "Hey Hey Rise Up"

Post by Floydy »

At least Polly didn't write the lyrics.
Dyolf
Animals

Post by Dyolf »

Alec Taylor wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:42 pm Their "first song since 1994" apparently, here it is.

Quite frankly, this song sucks and I can't believe David didn't just release it as a solo track. What a fucking waste to attach it to the Floyd name.
It's a Pink Floyd single so it attracts more attention and makes more money for the charity.
Dyma Coronafeirws
Alec Taylor
A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Post by Alec Taylor »

I don't know why David thinks he needs the PF brand to sell shit, he's one of the most famous people ever. That would be like Paul McCartney trying to release his next solo track as a song by The Beatles with just Ringo doing drums.
The Silver Lining
Animals

Post by The Silver Lining »

Honestly, this type of charity is the one thing I could never object to. If the point is awareness, and if "Pink Floyd" raises more eyebrows than "David Gilmour", then I'm all for it.

I didn't listen to the song more than once though. I personally wish they'd have taken that extra step to have Andriy Khlyvnyuk properly re-record those vocals to make them fit perfectly to the song. As it stands, the rhythm is so awkward, it's fairly unlistenable.
Wonderlust - Not so soon™.