Make/Change a PF album

Discussion about Pink Floyd's albums, concerts, films, etc. go here.

Re: Make/Change a PF album

Postby Alec Taylor » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:06 pm

I had that same goal for musical immersion when I did mine (taking cues from the project you linked), but found the same problem that Artisan ran into when he made his edit of The Wall. Although it sounded like a great idea in theory, something about the final product wasn't as satisfying as it was expected to be.
Spectral Delusions
Alec Taylor
A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Postby Vegetable Layne » Thu May 24, 2018 4:14 pm

I do find the project to be largely fullfilling, and it'll probably be my first choice when I want to listen to TDB from now on, but the Hawking situation presented a unique situation to posit it as a second two-parter, after Alons-y, to bookend a song that is about the difficulties of communicating. Other than that one niggle, I'm perfectly fine with it.
Vegetable Layne
Ummagumma

Postby Alec Taylor » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:22 pm

I want to take this thread in more a thought experiment direction, since there's only so much we can do with the output of a band that hasn't recorded together properly in 25 years.

Make the Pink Floyd album you, the reader, have always wanted. Take the elements of Pink Floyd you love the most, and come up with an album name, song titles, track lengths, an artwork concept, and an album theme. Go wild! Base it off of pre-existing songs, solo songs, or just make up your own. Stretch your creative muscles here, let's see who can make the most "authentic" Floyd album with nothing but their imaginations and desires.

And please try to keep this limited to serious attempts, I really think we can make something cool here. I'll follow with one of my own in the near future as an example of what I'm talking about.
Spectral Delusions
Alec Taylor
A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Previous

Return to Band Discussion