Talk about anything in here!

Re: The movies thread.

Postby Straw » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:23 am

Now that is cool.
Straw
Meddle

Postby Dyolf » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:42 am

There are quite a lot of videos on YouTube showing them in action.
CYMRU AM BYTH

"O’r ynys yma yw Cymraeg, o’r pridd yma.
Iaith hynaf pobl Prydain.
A hardd yw Cymraeg."
- Prof. J. R. R. Tolkien.
Dyolf
Animals

Postby Artisan » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:18 pm

Finally tracked down the White Stripes' Under Great White Northern Lights movie. Half mind blowing, and half too goofy to take seriously. Don't think these two would have it any other way.
Artisan
The Final Cut

Postby Straw » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:43 am

I tried listening to Elephant once. I only liked one song. I don't know why but I definitely prefer White Blood Cells for some reason. Anyway, never knew they had a doco.
Straw
Meddle

Postby Artisan » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:21 pm

Given how long it took for me to find it, I'm not surprised. Pretty funny. I liked it.
Artisan
The Final Cut

Postby Alec Taylor » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:15 pm

I bought the new Brian Wilson biopic Love & Mercy the other night. It was a pretty fascinating look into his life as he began to decline, and casting two actors to play him in two different time periods was a great idea given how much his physical appearance changed from the 1960s to the late 1980s. Paul Giamatti also plays a really good douchebag, just like in Straight Outta Compton.
I know the forum has had its highs and lows, but I think it's quickly approaching its final sleep... no point coming around when I'm basically talking to myself for weeks at a time, huh?
Alec Taylor
A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Postby Alec Taylor » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:54 pm

You know you're in the right field of work when you have to write a geographical dissertation over the movie "Tommy Boy". :mrgreen:
I know the forum has had its highs and lows, but I think it's quickly approaching its final sleep... no point coming around when I'm basically talking to myself for weeks at a time, huh?
Alec Taylor
A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Postby Dyolf » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:33 pm

I watched a movie on Netflix recently called XX. It's an "anthology", basically it's four 20-minute films. Three of them are kind of "horror" while one is more dark comedy that isn't really funny. The first of these four films is called "The Box" - it's the most thought provoking one and the one that creeps me out the most. It's not perfect, there are holes in the story, but still - I recommend watching "The Box" portion of XX.
CYMRU AM BYTH

"O’r ynys yma yw Cymraeg, o’r pridd yma.
Iaith hynaf pobl Prydain.
A hardd yw Cymraeg."
- Prof. J. R. R. Tolkien.
Dyolf
Animals

Postby Floydy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:57 am

I've been keeping an eye on the Oscars today and I am thrilled that Frances McDormand and Sam Rockwell Both won Best Actress and Best Supporting Actor respectively for Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. If you have not watched this film I highly recommend that you watch it, like soon. Or today sometime. Fuck it, watch it right now! It's gotta be one of the top five films I have seen in my life and I'm pretty fussy when it comes to films. 10/10 from The Floydster.
Floydy
Meddle

Postby Floydy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:28 am

I just finished watching The Doors film. Which reminds me, I. Must pick up more shampoo next time I go shopping.
Floydy
Meddle

Previous

Return to Outside the Wall